The 2021 designation of Fleet Champion at CRYC will be Determined as follows:
The Championship will be scored as a series of 5 events. The schedule, unless modified by weather or other circumstance, is as follows:
- Spring Series, Sundays and Regatta days - April 18th-June27th
- Bill Flowers Regatta – May 30-31st
- Summer Series, Sundays, and regatta days – July 4th- August 29th
- Les Greenfield Regatta – July 4th-5th
- Fall Series, Sundays, and regatta days – September 5th-Octobert 24th
- Ritchie Regatta – September 5th-6th
The Championship will be governed by the current Racing Rules of Sailing, US Sailing prescriptions, and class rules (except as any of these are altered by this NOR and the Sailing Instructions). Non-class-legal sails may be used if they meet class measurement specifications.
The Championship is open to regular and junior CRYC members sailing in the GP-14, Laser, and Sunfish classes. To be considered for the championship the member must have sailed in and qualified in at least 3 events listed above.
The Championship will be scored using a Low Point Scoring System (RRS Appendix A) with the following modifications:
- The competitor’s final ranking for each regatta or series shall constitute their score for that event.
- If sailors complete all 6 events, one drop should be allowed. (Note: if a competitor sails in only 4 events, one event score will be scored a DNC).
- Tie Breaking, in case of a tie, the skipper competing in the most races of the tied boats that year shall be designated Fleet Champion.
The top championship finisher in each fleet: GP-14, Laser, and Sunfish, shall be awarded the title of Fleet Champion.