COOPER RIVER YACHT CLUB
COLLINGSWOOD, NEW JERSEY
2019 LASER FROSTBITE SERIES
NOTICE OF RACE
When: Sundays, November 3rd, 17th, 24th , 28th (Thanksgiving Day), December 1st , with December 8th as a possible makeup day.
Note: No races on November 11 (rowing regatta)
1. Schedule:Registration opens at 9:15 each day and is required only on your first race day. Skippers meeting at 10:30 on the first day or as needed. First race at 11:00 each day. Light lunch and beverages after racing.
2. Rules:The Series will be governed by the current Racing Rules of Sailing, US Sailing prescriptions, and class rules (except as any of these are altered by this NOR and the Sailing Instructions). Non-class-legal sails may be used as long as they meet class measurement specifications.
3. Eligibility: The Series is open to Laser and Laser Radial skippers who register and pay the required fee. Note: Full Rig and Radial Laser skippers may be scored in their respective fleets using a smaller rig if they wish. Radials will start with the Full rigs and be scored separately. This may be revised if 4 or more Radials Register.
3.1 Registration: Registration will be available on line on the yacht club website prior to the regatta (www.cooperriveryc.org) and available on site at CRYC. Competitors must register their sail number, class, and skipper prior to racing. Crewed boats may register crew names as well. Preregistration is strongly encouraged.
3. Fees: Entry fees of $12 per day,or $50 for the series (no refunds if series is cut short)
4. Number of Races:
Daily: Up tosix races are scheduled each day with no warning signals after 2:00. A minimum of one race will constitute a race day.
Series:Five race days plus one reserve day are scheduled. A minimum of two race days will constitute a series for overall scoring. A maximum of 30 races are scheduled over five days
5. Scoring:For daily scoring the Low Point Scoring System (RRS Appendix A) will apply except that one discard will be allowed only if six races are completed. (This changes RRS A2.1).
For series scoring, daily positions will be totaled as the boats score. The scores will be used in a Low Points Score for the series. One discard will be allowed if all five race days are completed.
6. Awards:For each day; the top three in each fleet. For the series, the top five Full rigs; top three Radials; possible special awards.
7. Sailing Instructions: Entry forms and Sailing Instructions will be available at Registration.
8. Venue: Races will be sailed in the waters of the Cooper River inside Cooper River Park, Between Cuthbert Blvd. and Route 130
Cooper River Yacht Club is located at 450 South Park Drive in Collingswood, NJ.
9. Boat Storage:Visiting skippers may store their boats in out boat yard for the duration of the series.
Craig Priniski, PRO
610-368-4893 or email@example.com